* Just updated to the latest macOS? Make sure to download and install our latest version for full support.
We would also advise you to review our system requirements as operating system and infrastructure prerequisites are updated regularly.
1. In order to install LucidLink for macOS, please download and install the latest version.
Locate your downloaded Installer and double-click to initiate installation.
2. Review the introduction and click Continue
3. Please review the Software License Agreement and click Continue
4. You will be prompted and asked if you Agree or Disagree with the license agreement. Clicking Agree will continue installation, clicking Disagree will cancel the installer.
5. You now have the option to choose a different Install Location for LucidLink. To continue with the default location, click Install.
6. You will be asked to provide Administrator authentication to install the app. Either a password or TouchID (where supported). Enter the necessary details and click Continue.
7. Please wait while the installation wizard completes our client installation.
8. Once completed, Lucid will automatically open and you may receive some notifications from macOS about background notifications. On first launch, Lucid will also attempt to load the Kernel Extension that provides lucidfs. If this is the first time installing this version you will be prompted to Allow the "Benjamin Fleischer" Kernel Extension in System Settings > Privacy & Security. You should follow the on-screen prompts to achieve this.
Please refer to the following KB for Installing LucidLink on Apple Silicon for further information on this procedure for newer Apple Mac devices.
9. LucidLink client will be available from Finder within Applications. Please launch the client and connect to your Filespace.
10. Provide a valid Filespace name including your Domain, username (default root), and password, and select Connect to begin.
11. You can now click Open the folder to open your Filespace in macOS Finder. You can also find the Filespace mounted in /Volumes (by default) and a shortcut in the Finder favourites sidebar.
12. An advanced Filespace dashboard is available by clicking on the LucidLink logo from the macOS Top Menu Bar. You will find a range of useful metrics, such as remaining upload information.
Here you can also access your snapshots and access our Control Panel to administer your users, Permissions, and other Filespace settings.
If you encounter any issues please reach out to our support team via the support ticket system here
Referencing the below KB article to Submit a support ticket effectively