To install our Linux client, it is recommended you download the latest version.
We would also advise you review our system requirements as the operating system and infrastructure prerequisites are updated regularly.
Each Linux distribution provides a subtlety different software package installation process. Within this topic we will cover two alternatives to install our LucidLink client:
- a graphical user interface (GUI) package manager
- command-line (Terminal)
Proceeding example(s) will be demonstrated through Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon distribution
Option 1. (GUI)
1. Locate your installation download and double click to initiate installation.
2. Once the Package Installer begins. Please review all tabs, and select 'Install Package' to continue.
3. You will require administrative privileges to continue. Please provide a valid password, and select 'OK'.
4. The Package Installer will provide you progress of the installation status, please sit back and relax, while we install your LucidLink client.
5.Once the Package Installer finishes, please review the installation summary and consult our knowledge base articles, forum and/or create a support ticket in the unusual event of any errors; when the installation is successful, click 'Close'.
Option 2. (Terminal)
Use apt-get or yum on UI or non-UI environments
Debian based (DEB):
sudo apt update -y sudo apt upgrade -y wget https://www.lucidlink.com/download/latest/lin64/stable/ -O lucidinstaller.deb sudo apt install ./lucidinstaller.deb -y
Red Hat based (RPM):
wget https://www.lucidlink.com/download/latest/lin64-rpm/stable/ -O lucidinstaller.rpm sudo yum install lucidinstaller.rpm
Alternatively Debian package manager (dpkg) UI based instances
1. Enter a command line 'Terminal' and follow the below image example.
Should you receive a dependency error relating to "libappindicator1" please run "sudo apt-get -f install" to resolve the issue.
2. You can now link to your Filespace through terminal via our Lucid client command-line interface.
Once package installation completes.
1. LucidLink client will be available from the software Menu, Internet. Launch the Lucid client to 'Connect' to your file space.
2. Please provide a valid Filespace name including your Domain, username (default root) and password and select 'Connect' to begin
3. Your Filespace becomes immediately accessible as a local system Devices mount-point.
4. An advanced Filespace dashboard is available by clicking on the LucidLink logo from within the Taskbar. You will find a range of useful metrics, such as, remaining upload information.
Here you can also access your snapshots and access our 'Control panel' to administer your users, shares and Filespace settings.
Article is closed for comments.