Please note, as of Filespace format 2.2 the legacy term “Shares” has been changed to “Permissions.”
Target audience: Filespace administrators
This article is part of the LucidLink Single Sign-On (SSO): "Just-in-Time" Provisioning for Users and Groups series of articles.
Assigning Shares to Single Sign-On (SSO) Users and Groups
Once the new LucidLink SSO integration has been set up and configured, users who are part of your organization will have access to their Filespace based on whatever access control is defined for them by their LucidLink Filespace administrators. By default, all users will not have any Filespace shares. The root user or the administrators will need to assign shares to their users, either individually or in groups.
Assign a group share
- Go to the LucidLink client Control Panel, and select the Groups tab.
- If the SSO group you want to assign does not exist, add a new Group and select the SSO group toggle.
- Note that the Group name should match exactly your identity provider's Group name.
- The Group needs to be assigned to the LucidLink application within the identity provider.
- Assign a LucidLink share to the SSO group, using the same approach as with a state to a native Lucid group.
- The SSO group users should have already immediate access to the assigned shares.
Assign an individual share
- Go to the LucidLink client Control Panel, and select the Users tab.
- If the SSO user does not exist, create a new SSO user by selecting the SSO user tab.
- Note that the user name should match exactly your identity provider's User name.
- The User needs to be assigned to the LucidLink application within the identity provider.
- Assign a LucidLink share to the SSO user, using the same approach as with a share to a native Lucid user.
- The SSO users should have already immediate access to the assigned shares.
- For users that are already logged into the LucidLink Filespace, it will take up to 10 minutes to reflect any changes made in the identity provider's users and groups assignments.
- For users that log into LucidLink Filespace after any changes are made in the assignments of users and groups from within the identity provider, those changes will be immediately visible and will take immediate effect.
Article is closed for comments.